Super Mom!


Grandma of Two!
My parents have had a hard year. My maternal grandmother hurt her foot and moved in with my parents early on in the year. In April, my mom got in a bike accident and tore her ACL. It was originally misdiagnosed as just a bone bruise, so she spent a month non weight bearing on her leg and not moving it, only to go to the orthopedist and be told that she needed to get it moving before she could have ACL surgery. Right after my mom's knee surgery, my dad hit a bear with his car. The car was totaled and miraculously my dad walked away a little sore but relatively unscathed. My Grammy's condition worsened throughout the summer as my mom was trying to rehab from surgery. She recovered amazingly fast for her age and injury and spent many weekends over the summer down in LA doing pilates certification. In early September, my Grammy passed away suddenly. I can't imagine losing my mom and know it was hard on her. My sister Hannah left on her mission to Fort Lauderdale in October, and then I was due in November with grandbaby #2! Did I mention she's also her ward's Relief Society President?
With Landon at the Children's museum

 My mom had tickets to come out to Chicago the 10th of November. When we went into the hospital for a false alarm on the 6th, I know she was bummed she was not going to be there when Owen came. When I called her the morning of the 7th, she asked if I wanted her to fly in early. I said that would be wonderful, but not to worry about it if it wasn't possible. At 3 p.m. central time, she texted saying she had a flight that night out of L.A. That's a 3.5 hour drive. I'm not sure how she pulled it off, but she packed, had my dad drive her down to L.A., and hopped on a red eye flight. Austin picked her up bright and early in the morning and she was there to watch Landon when we went to the hospital that night. Once Owen was born, she was indispensable helping out with housework and Landon. Landon was having a lot of trouble with the adjustment, and we talked about what to do to help him.

I so appreciate my mom and everything she did for me the past few months. It is magical how much she is able to do in a day! Even though they had a horrible year, my parents continue to do whatever they can to support and help us out! I hope that I can take everything I've learned from her and be a mom like her one day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!