Looking back at 2011... but mostly forward to 2012!

Thinking back on 2011, I think it was a pretty ho-hum year. For the 2 years Austin and I have been married, we have pretty much kept to a hectic, student schedule. We registered for classes , paid tuition, looked at eachother's schedules and realized we would never see each other. This year, I left home at 5:30 am most mornings to make it to my 7:00 am classes, then stayed up in Salt Lake most of the day to go to work from 4-7. Austin added teaching Italian to his already crazy homework load, and spent at least 5-9 hours/night doing homework while I took care of everything else (I didn't have that much homework). Austin took summer off to regroup for his final year of school, and I completed an awesome internship. All in all, it was just another year in school, getting us closer to our goals, but not necessarily an exciting year of change. Contrast that to 2012!



I just finished my last academic semester. On January 2nd, I will start my first of 2 8-week internships leading up to graduation May 4th. Austin is in his last semester and is not taking a million engineering classes! I am taking the national board exam March 29th, and then working on getting my license transferred to Illinois when I graduate. When we graduate in April/May, we are going to Italy for 3 or so weeks.With Austin's relocation, we can pack up our stuff, including our cars, and put it in storage for up to 1 month before we retrieve it in Chicago.  Happy graduation to us. We are super excited to just get away and be able to travel together and not worry about anything. Austin starts work June 11th in Des Plaines, IL. We are scouting out apartments, condos, townhouses, neighborhoods, and the like. Everything in our lives is changing dramatically this next year, and I can't wait!

Comments

  1. We need to chat. If you need Eric and I to scout out places for you to live or actually go and look at something we could make a temple trip to Chicago. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo excited for you guys!! AWESOME! to get to travel for 3 weeks. WOW! lol what adventures...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Cam we do need to chat! We will let you know when we come up with our final picks that we are picking between. Right now we're just checking out different areas. Thanks both of you:) we are excited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

4 Month-Old Big Boy!

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza