Interview with a Three-Year-Old

He grew up too fast!
I cannot believe that I have a three-year-old son. It seems like not very long ago I was holding him as a tiny infant, wondering what he was going to be like. Today, we took a taxi to a museum and he was tired on the way back. He put his head in my lap, and stretched out his legs across the seat and filled the whole back of the taxi. I remember when he was 4-6 months old and we were on airplane rides where I was worried that he was stretched out to the next airplane seat when he was feeding. He's grown so much- it all went by so fast!




Anyway, Landon is quite the talker these days so I decided that instead of giving just my take on his favorite things, and how he is doing as a brand new three-year-old, he could do it in his own words. So I interviewed him.




Here are his responses:

1. Favorite color? Red
2. Favorite number? 10
3. Favorite shape? triangle
4. Favorite letter? A
5. Favorite animal: The African animals at the zoo that mommy doesn't know. What about a different favorite animal? Triceratops
King for the day!
6. Favorite food: Chicken nuggets
7. Favorite toy: Motorcycle
8. Favorite book: A Day at the Fire Station
9. Favorite activity: Going to the zoo
10. Favorite sport: Baseball
11. Favorite fruit: Apple and pear
12. Favorite movie: Planes and Planes: Fire and Rescue
13. Favorite thing to do for fun: Read the Toys R Us catalogue
14. Favorite place we've been: Museums, McDonald's
15. What do you want to tell baby brother: About our trip
16. Favorite thing to do in Chicago: Go to Children's museum or Fire Zone
17. Favorite Book of Mormon hero: Nephi
18. Favorite Primary song: Follow the Prophet
19. Favorite Kindle book: Tovi the Penguin Goes Camping
20. Favorite dessert: Gummy worms

Some of his responses were a surprise to me, and some I knew beforehand. I'm a little embarrassed that he said his favorite animal is the African plains animal that I couldn't identify at the zoo.
Yay for balloons
We are having a good time together here in Ningbo. Landon is behaving much better now that I make a consistent effort each day to provide opportunities to run around and get wiggles out. Then, we come back to our room and do some "school" time to stimulate his mind. As long as we do both of these things, our days go well. He is getting excited for baby brother to come to our family, and he sits in my lap every day, holds my belly, and says, "WHAT A BIG BELLY! Is baby brother ready to come out yet?" I explain to him every time that my belly is only going to get bigger.


Love my boy!
Landon is starting to get really into maps and books. He continues to love all transportation- and has been in little boy heaven playing with all his new toys since his birthday. He loves playing pretend with his cars and pillows and blankets. Every day, he looks forward to interacting with Austin's coworkers during dinner in the lounge, calling them all "daddy's friends" and he knows most of them by name. We're starting to work on sounding out words- he is fascinated with letter sounds right now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

4 Month-Old Big Boy!

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza