Moving to CO

This next weekend, we are moving to Colorado for the summer. I am looking forward to warmer weather (not this crazy Utah late April snow!) and a change of scenery. Free rent is nice too. Austin's family is so amazing  to let us come and stay with them! I will be doing an internship with Alpha Rehab, an outpatient orthopedic clinic in Broomfield, CO. I am very excited to use all my new skills in a clinical setting, and to experience PT outside of Utah.
Denver skyline... this is the biggest city I will ever have lived in
Before moving, however, there are a few trials to overcome...

#1: I have a final on Wednesday that counts for half my grade. It also involves everything we've learned about the shoulder, knee, ankle/foot, and elbow/wrist/hand and how to treat said body parts with the best evidence. It is getting increasingly hard to keep everything straight in my head.
#2: Austin is currently trying to engineer a way to get our piano out of our basement apartment into a truck, and then into a storage unit for the summer. It is weird to think that pretty much all of our possessions are going to have to fit into a 10'x10' box.
#3: My dear friend Cambria is about to have a baby. Hopefully he will decide to come before I leave. If not, I will be kind of sad, but happy because then I will have to plan a trip back over the summer to see him (and everyone else in Utah, of course.) I am going to miss my Utah friends this summer. Saying good bye is going to be difficult, especially with final and moving all happening at the same time.
#4: Eating all of our food. This is so much more difficult than I thought it would be. I have lots of baking supplies that are opened, and that I should probably use, but we ran out of flour and eggs. I have lots of pancake mix, but we ran out of meat (except turkey bacon :)).

Comments

  1. Moving can be ridiculously hectic and stressful. Even if it's only temp! I'm excited for your change of scenery...what an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!