2011 Race Line-up

Since finishing swimming, I have satisfied my desire to compete and stay fit with endurance events. In 2009, I completed the Deseret News marathon and almost died. In 2010, I did the Utah Valley Marathon and felt ok afterwards, and then earned 1st overall for women in the Camp Yuba Olympic distance triathlon in southern Utah late in the season. Since we are still poor college students, I try to limit my races each year to just enough to give me the motivation I need to stay fit and have fun doing it.

This year, I convinced Austin to let me do 1 more race. I planned on doing a race series in Boulder, but with my internship schedule, I would not have been able to do it. So, I decided to signup for: Aquathlon
National Championships! They are going to be held in Longmont, CO, which happens to be conveniently located near Austin's house. There were no time standards to sign up, and the distances seem more conducive to swimmers: 1 mile swim and 5k run. I have had quite a bit of fun trying to increase my running and swimming speed.





Later on in the summer, I am doing this race:

A good training motivator for me is doing 1 marathon per year (as long as I'm physically able/not pregnant). I decided after Utah Valley that I would not do a marathon without sticking to a training program and getting up to 18-20 mile long runs with mileage. I started my program last week, and so far I'm right on track! Yay! I chose this marathon specifically because my family will be in town dropping off Mariah and Greg at BYU and so they will be able to see me race. Also, the course involves trail running and is NOT a downhill course, so my joints will probably like me a little better than they have the last 2 marathons I have done. 

The last race of the season I will be defending my overall women's Olympic distance triathlon win at Camp Yuba in September. This was a fun race last year, and I won some cool stuff. 

When Austin and I have real jobs and money, I would like to do a full schedule of races in preparation for half and full Ironman distance triathlons. Until then, I will be content with my few races a season that I look forward to and really enjoy. 

Comments

  1. I don't know how you keep up your rigorous schedule. I have no desire to run marathon's, but hopefully after this baby I can get back into a workout routine to maintain some semblance of fitness! You're an inspiration to us less-physically-fit people!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

4 Month-Old Big Boy!

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza