7:00 AM classes should be illegal

So friends, this week has been really hard. I think I saw Austin (from Monday-Friday) for 6-7 hours that were not sleeping hours. However, these 6-7 hours were homework hours for both of us. I thought I had anticipated the bad week when I heard we had 7 am classes for 3 days in a row, but it did not stop there. Monday, I have class at 8:00, but it is at the medical school, so I take TRAX on that day and must be in Sandy, UT by 7:00 to take the train. That means waking up before 6 and leaving by 6:20 to get there on time. Monday afternoon, I had to do laundry and went on a short run in the bitter cold.

Tuesday, I had class from 7am-4pm with nothing more than a 15 minute break at any one point. This meant waking up at 5:30 to leave by 6 to get there by 7. I hate commuting. There were 3 classes, but they were scheduled in close succession. Immediately after school, I had work at 4:30. 17 kids (there are normally no more than 10) showed up to swim practice and I was the only coach. 5 new kids, 2 had never ever swam/taken swim lessons before. I had a lesson after swim team practice, so I got home around 8. Exhausted. It was only Tuesday.  


Wednesday, another 7 am class. This time, we got out of class at 11:15. I was done for the day! NOT! I got hopelessly lost trying to find the inpatient therapy gym at Primary Children's Medical Center. I left my car with 20 minutes until my observation started, and found the gym 15 minutes AFTER my observation was supposed to start. I got out of that around 4, and had to drive home for a visiting teaching appointment. I love the people that I visit from church, and my companion that I visit them with. I picked Wednesday because I thought it worked for everyone. Unfortunately, my companion also had a crazy day at work and couldn't make it to the visit. Afterwards, I had about a 1/2 hour break before I headed back up to South Jordan for a work meeting. This was advertised as "mandatory" but did not end up being so mandatory as I thought. I like getting paid for eating, listening to people talk, and playing dodgeball against the hair-cutters and botox injectors of the "spa" at the gym, so I decided to go. Also, my little swim team, with some big help from a new coach, got into the premier summer league in the Salt Lake Valley: the Salt Lake Country Club Swimming and Diving League. This league is awesome, and if the general manager of the gym mentioned it in the meeting, I didn't want to be embarrassed by not even showing up to be acknowledged. Anyway, I went early to the gym to work out because I recognized that by not working out, my stress level was going through the roof. I got out of my meeting at 10:00 pm, only after losing a dodgeball game against the maintenance/operations department. Sad. Got home at 10:30. Exhausted. Only Wednesday.

Thursday, you guessed it, 7 am class! Today, I only had class until around 11. I had work at 4:00. I did not want to go home in between. My dear friend Cambria took me in and let me crash on her couch and complain for awhile. It was fantastic (hopefully was ok for her too). Got to get a good workout in before work started. At swim team, 17 kids showed up again. I'm excited the swim team is growing. My supervisor/really awesome co-worker has a very painful rash from high chlorine in the pool. She goes home and I take her last class. The kids are great and cooperative. I have to clean up everything because she went home. I get home at 8:30. Hopelessly too late to go to Young women's New Beginnings. Something had to give this week. It's ok though, because my new running shoes had come in the mail! Hooray!

Friday, rejoicing about 8:00 am class (what is the world coming to?). Get out at 12. Go home. Go running. Sit. Watch TV on hulu. Do nothing productive. Go food shopping. Do a complete physical therapy exam of Austin's back. Figure out what treatment is most likely to help Austin reduce his back pain. Eat ice cream.

Saturday, no classes, but I decide to go to a Total Conditioning group fitness class at Lifetime Fitness (my work). I know I'm in trouble when EVERYONE in the class is very cut/buff/no body fat on them. There are an equal number of males and females in the class. The instructor is taller than me and maybe 120 lbs. During the course of the class, I feel my arms are going to fall off at least 6 times. My legs feel fine (probably because I run) but my arms have never hurt so bad in my life. Coaching swim team was fun. Watch BYU winning the New Mexico basketball game. Leave home to go to the temple before BYU gets killed by NM basketball. Babysit little children for another ward's activity. Eat Cafe Rio.

When I typed "very buff girl" in Google image search, this was one of the options. I guess the puppy's name was "Buff Girl" Aww... cute...
Sunday. Sitting. Going to church. Sitting more. I can't really do anything else because I'm so sore. I think I'll go back to the Total Conditioning class this week. Maybe I can get as buff as the rest of the people in the class. There was a reason they looked like that.

So, because nothing amazing or entertaining happened this week, you get my whole crazy week and get to pity me or tell me I'm being a huge baby. You pick :)

Comments

  1. I LOVE it when you come visit me and complain and crash on my couch! Come whenever you want. Then I have someone to talk to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Elise, I can only pity you!! What a rough week!! I know I can't top it, but Justin's challenge would be the 7 hours he spent shoveling the roof yesterday. He was too cold to take a bath afterwards.

    Anyway, I hope this week was better!! I totally envy your workout availability, though; being buff and trim and in better shape sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!