Our foamy morning in Morro Bay

I coordinated with my siblings so we all departed from northern California the Monday after Hannah's farewell celebration. Our flights left in the late afternoon, so we took a quick drive down to Morro Bay- specifically the beach by Morro Rock to enjoy the ocean one last time before returning to our land-locked lives in Utah and Chicago. When we got there, the beach had been all cut up by a recent storm, leaving an interesting pool of water left over from high tide. "Icebergs" made of foam were floating on top of the water, and it had been warmed by the sun, so the water was not too cold. Naturally, this became Landon's playground. Sand...foam...water...fun aunts and a crazy uncle... what else does a little boy need?
Running through the foam

The play quickly evolved into a giant foam fight, with Hannah, Claire, and Greg getting in on the fun. Landon held his own, but ended up with a ton of foam all over him!
Action shot of the foam fight
Foam fight aftermath
With Greg, the instigator of the fight
After the foam fight was over, we decided it would be a good idea to get going. Landon was going to need a bath and a new change of clothing before we headed up to San Francisco to catch our flight! He decided to start "washing off" by picking up wet sand and smearing it all over his face. YUM!
I'm so happy he loves the beach just like me!
As we were herding Landon to the car, he decided to lay down and roll his soaking wet body in dry sand. So not only was he completely soaked and covered in foam, he now had a nice layer of sand! We had to strip him down and wrap him in a blanket for the drive back to my parent's house!
Landon with his Aunt Hannah... Now Hermana Livengood in the Mexico MTC, post rolling around in the sand
I was unsure about going on this outing so close to our departure, but I think it was great for everyone to have a little fun after the very busy weekend. Mariah and I stayed out of the foam fight. If I wasn't so huge and pregnant, I probably would have joined in, but in my current state I can barely run on flat, solid ground, much less sand and I would have been defenseless! The sun was out, the waves were crashing in and I had a few last moments in my original happy place before returning to Chicago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!