Aunts and Uncles Time- Provo, Utah

Rolling down hills with Hannah
Last time I was in Utah, Austin and I had just graduated and we were moving across country to Chicago. I was 6 months pregnant and we took off on a plane to find a place to live in the Chicago suburbs, took a trip to Italy, and then came back to Chicago to set up our lives. Needless to say, I had lived there seven years, I was happy to leave it behind, and SUPER excited about going to Italy so it wasn't a very sentimental good-bye. Fast forward three years. Landon had never been to Utah, but knew about BYU from football and basketball games that we sometimes streamed on TV. 
Y Mountain, and many new Heritage buildings
Along with the excitement of coming to BYU, Landon was super excited to see his aunts and uncles that live in Utah. Aunt Mariah and Uncle Zach picked us up from the airport, then Uncle Greg came over see us. Aunt Hannah joined us for breakfast and showed Landon around her dorm room and the area around the dorms. We saw two mommy ducks with 18 ducklings! Aunt Hannah and Uncle Greg taught Landon how to roll down hills. It was a beautiful sunny day and I enjoyed the beautiful BYU campus.  
Playing ball with Uncle Greg
Bell tower
We all went out to Kneader's breakfast and then headed out to the Living Planet aquarium in South Jordan. It is brand-new and a pretty spiffy little aquarium! Landon liked sharing this experience with his aunts and Uncle Greg, and I enjoyed having other people around to chase the crazy kid around the aquarium! He's getting faster as I'm getting slower...
Landon wanted to check out the turtles up close!
Landon braved a bunch of older, bigger kids and walked across the rope bridge above in the Amazon exhibit area. He loved the challenge, and doing it all by himself. The coolest part of the aquarium was the shark tunnel and viewing area. There were all kinds of fish in with the sharks, and Landon lingered there longer than anywhere else. 

The boys in the shark tunnel

Landon loves his aunts!
Bright eel in the shark tank
Funny story, so I went to the pool to get a picture of the wall mural that features me swimming butterfly. I'm not sure why I'm up there, but Mariah, Hannah and Greg all commented that whenever they come to swim, they look at my pictures and feel like I'm looking down on them. I wanted a picture of Landon with me, and I was trying to find the perfect spot when I got in trouble with the lifeguard, who asked if I had permits to take pictures in the building. I tried to explain that I was taking pictures of myself with my son, but that didn't fly. We got a couple shots off before the lifeguard came over, but this was the best one. Dee was running practice and so we chatted for a few minutes before I rushed off to Mariah's graduation ceremony.
I'm the 2nd one to the right of the "Y"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!