We've got a 7-month-old crawler!

This month seemed to go by very fast. Even though the winter weather has continued here in Chicago, Landon and I are looking forward to runs outside, outings to the park, and playing in the grass out in front of our house. Not to mention shorts and sandals weather! SPRING, PLEASE COME SOON!

He grabbed this apple and immediately started
gnawing on it before I had a chance to react
In other news, Landon is into EVERYTHING! We have had to baby-proof because Landon crawls all around our home and especially likes to find all the things that mommy doesn't want him to touch. He loves plastic bags, paper, and cords.  I try to unplug the cords before letting Landon chew on them. He also likes cardboard boxes. As far as moving goes, he has been army crawling all month and recently figured out how to get up onto his knees. At this point, he mostly just rocks back and forth, but every once in awhile he crawls on his knees. The main skill I have been emphasizing this month would have to be the transition from crawl to sit and the reverse. He can do it, be it inconsistently. He also can pull to stand inconsistently. He loves to stand supported by my fingers or up against a low table or other furniture. I am fairly scared for him to start walking because he has absolutely no sense of what will hurt him and what is safe. He regularly tries to throw himself off of my lap after he's done eating. Other shenanigans he likes to partake in after eating include grabbing our floor lamp and waving it around, and grabbing his hamper and lifting it up. He also likes to grab at things in the grocery store now. He leans and leans and feels so accomplished when he can grab something, like the apple in the picture above. I just had to let him have it since he worked so hard for it :) He is so strong and so determined once he gets his mind set on something. I can tell toddlerhood is going to be a fun challenge :)

So sad his torso is too long for this outfit!
He continues to babble but has not yet said any real words. He loves his toys, but he loves all the stuff around the house a lot more than toys, ironically. Landon spent pretty much this whole month sick with one thing or another. Right now it is a stuffy nose and cough. Thankfully, he doesn't seem to mind too much and is just as happy as ever. One thing that has been causing him to be fussy lately are his 4 top teeth. They are all popped through the gums now; for awhile the outer teeth were in and his front two had not shown up yet. He looked like a little vampire. He loves to chew on EVERYTHING, with one of his favorite things being my phone (it has a soft, silicone case on the outside). Therefore, I have not taken as many pictures because every time I try, Landon grabs the phone and starts eating it:) Also, Landon is growing more hair. In pictures, he still looks bald, but light brown hair is there, I promise!

There isn't really a lot of other new stuff going on here for Austin and I. I am getting ready to go to work a few days a week as an early intervention (children 0-3) physical therapist, and my sister, Mariah, is going to be our nanny/personal slave for the summer. She loves to cook and take care of children, so I thought she'd be the perfect person to have around. Together, Mariah and I are going to do the Sunburst races marathon in South Bend, IN June 1st. My training has been going really well considering I have done the majority of it on a treadmill at the gym. I am getting back into shape and hope that I can improve on my time 9 months post-baby.



He's growing up! Looks like such a big boy here!


Evidence of teeth




Comments

  1. Love your blog! Landon is so mature looking in stroller. Looks like you both but the young mature baby reminds me of Austin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I'm a little sad that he's not a little vampire anymore. That was so stinkin' cute and funny. Can't wait for you to come play with us in South Bend and run your guts out. We'll cheer really loud for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!