Springtime Thoughts

It's finally spring here in the Chicago area! HOORAY!

Landon loves going outside, crawling around in the grass, finding sticks to wave around, eating dirt and bark, and popping bubbles. Funny story- yesterday we went outside and Landon was crawling around. Austin called to say he was on his way home from work, and while I was talking to him, I heard a loud buzzing like a bee. I was scared that it had stung Landon so I turned to watch him and he had something in his little hand, waving it around like crazy. Turns out, Landon found the only dead baby bird in our vast grass area out in front of our house, and the buzzing sound were the bees and flies that were disturbed when he decided to pick it up. I started screaming and trying to get the thing out of Landon's hands, and he started screaming because he was scared that I was screaming. No permanent harm was done and we went inside and washed hands really well.

Above is a video of Landon playing "peek a boo" with me. He does this on the table as well as in his crib. Quite possibly cutest thing ever. Not as cute is that Landon also can open up cupboards now, which has prompted us to install the cabinet locks and clear off the bookshelves. We dropped the crib down to its lowest level because he is REALLY tall and we were afraid he would learn how to climb out. Speaking of climbing, he recently figured out how to climb up the stairs. It really helped when I was tired from marathon training to have him be able to get all 24 lbs of himself up the stairs.

Speaking of training, I have not even recorded my race schedule for 2013! In approximately 2 weeks, I am competing in the Sunburst Races marathon in South Bend, IN. My sister is living with us for the summer and is running it with me!

Mid-July Austin and I are doing a 2 mile open water swim in Crystal Lake, IL. It should be a fun race to be able to train for together. Also, it will help me get ready for my big race this season.

The first week in August, I am competing in the Dairyland UdderHalf Half Ironman triathlon up in Wisconsin. That is 1.2 mile swim, 58 mile bike, 13.1 mile run. I have a road bike, but I have been spending some time getting it all tricked out with clipless pedals, new saddle, etc for the race. I did my longest bike ride ever today, and did 28 miles. I am not in love with biking, but I think it is a good alternative to give my body a break from pounding of running and the shoulder stress of swimming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!