Venturing Out Sans Toddler- Rijksmuseum and Bloemenmarkt, Amsterdam, Netherlands
For the second half of our day in Amsterdam, I wanted to visit the Rijksmuseum, a big art museum, and Austin did not. So, he took Landon to the Maritime museum while I took on the Rijksmuseum. From where we parted ways after lunch, it was a far walk for both of us. My walk took me through the heart of the city where I discovered the famous floating flower market, Bloemenmarkt. These days, there were some bulbs and some live flowers, but mostly souvenir shops which was a little depressing. I also passed the Munttoren, a tower that was once part of the medieval gate into Amsterdam. It was first built in 1480, and the city has grown far beyond that original gate at this point. Bloemenmarkt Munttoren Rijksmuseum exterior Exterior details Even the outside of the Rijksmuseum was impressive. It was originally completed in 1885 after a contest was presented for the best design. Albert Cuypers won with a mixture of Gothic and Renaissance architecture. The museum h...
Amazing!!! What a great little family. I can not wait to cuddle little Landon again. Gma Ev
ReplyDeleteLoved the photo book! Such a fun sequence of events. And to cap it off with a new baby boy! Perfect! Beautiful, guys!
ReplyDelete