Our new living room and other hilarious things about living in an empty house...

This is our living room! Now with furniture!
After living with virtually nothing in the way of furniture for 5 days, our living room furniture set we bought was delivered! Now at least we have 1 comfy place to sit in our house. Living in a town house with just the things Austin was able to squeeze in the car has been... interesting. It's kind of hilarious some of the things I forgot to put on the list of things for Austin to bring, including...

  • Measuring cups... Austin brought all of our baking materials and dry goods as far as food goes, but no measuring cups or spoons. I'm getting pretty good at estimating :)
  • The mixer attachments for the Bosch mixer. I have the blender and the mixing bowl, but none of the attachments to actually mix anything in the mixer. Bummer.
  • Can Opener- this might be the worst. Thinking about all the food options that we like to have around the house, and the dinner options that I like to make, it was interesting to find that many of them required a can opener... for opening chopped tomato cans or bean cans for example. 
  • Tool box- We bought some new things including towel rods for the bathroom upstairs. Too bad we don't have any tools with which to install the towel rods. 
  • More clothes for me... I have very few options of what to wear for my current job, which includes sitting around the house all day waiting for my stupid Illinois PT license to come through, and teaching swimming lessons once a week. I only have 2 pairs of lounging shorts and a few t shirts, most of which are getting too small with my pumpkin belly. Oh well...
There is good news though. I'm getting my car tomorrow! Hooray! Also, our stuff was officially loaded in the moving truck today and it is on its way! Hooray!

Comments

  1. It is so freaking hard to plan for the "what if" situation...and living out of "limitations" is no exception! And of course, since you know your things are coming you don't want to go buy something new! Ah! Have fun being creative...and at least you can relax a little knowing that your things ARE in transit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

4 Month-Old Big Boy!

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza