Easter Sunday

For the past few years, Austin and I have been alone in Utah for Easter. We would cook something special (but easy), talk with our families, make Easter baskets for each other, and call it good. This year, my siblings Greg and Mariah, along with Austin's sister Emily are all in Utah for school. We regularly have family dinners, but this Easter we decided on an Easter feast! It was hard work, but so much fun to have everyone over for:
Maple/Brown sugar/Dijon mustard glazed ham
Melt in your mouth rolls
Whipped potatoes
Asparagus
Deviled eggs
Martinelli's Sparkling Cider
and last but not least... Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting

We ended the evening with an Easter egg hunt, dyeing eggs, and skyping with our families. What a great Easter. I am stuffed.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, my Savior, and His Atonement and Resurrection. Having this knowledge gives me hope for the future, and purpose in my life right now. My favorite part of Easter is the singing (or playing for me today, as I play organ in our ward) of the jubilant Easter hymns, and just rejoicing that Christ was resurrected so long ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!