Rest of the Summer Update

Many things have happened since my last post...

We hiked 2 mountains over 14,000 ft. in Colorado in less than 7 hours.

Before... the trailhead was at approx. 11,000 ft. 

The mountains we were about to climb. We climbed Gray's on the L, hiked down the saddle and back up to Torrey's on the R

We had a fabulous time, although Austin was disappointed I wanted to just get to the top of the mountain and go back down. I was very cold at the top and didn't want to spend a ton of time up there. On the way back to Denver, we came across a hitchhiker who got stuck in a mudhole with his family while camping and needed help. He was from the Czech Republic and had gone on SOOO many outdoor adventures with his wife. It was determined we would not be able to help him with our little Jeep, but we gave him a ride to his house so that he could get a truck to get him unstuck.
At the top of Grays


My internship ended August 9th. I was so thankful to be able to have such a great experience in the clinic. The clinicians really did care more about the patients than the business aspect and got to do 45 minute one-on-one treatments. It was a great environment to learn from, and I am very grateful to Alpha Rehabilitation for taking me as a student. I even got to see a couple ankle surgeries. If you are planning on going to med school, become an orthopedic surgeon. Who knows how much this guy got paid for about 15-20 minutes worth of work per surgery. He was amazingly skilled, however.

Austin and I moved back to Orem August 11th. We upgraded to a 2-bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor. Woohoo! Who knew how much just a small change in apartment size and floor could make such a huge effect on quality of life!

My sister and brother, Mariah and Greg, and Austin's sister, Emily all moved out to Utah for college and our families visited all last week. It was great to see our families, and to spend time with them.While they were here, I completed the Park City marathon. I beat my goal time of 4 hours, with my final time being 3:57.15. This was a very hard course with the altitude being from 6500-7200 feet above sea level. I had a lot of fun running this marathon! I think it was because I actually followed a training program. I have had my quickest recovery ever as well. It was great!
Before... it was a little chilly

After... a little sweaty

I finished, presented, defended and PASSED my doctoral project. Now, all I need to do to is pass my classes, complete my internships, and pass the board exam and I will be a physical therapist!

So all good things! Austin is currently going through training for work; he will be teaching Italian 101 at BYU this year. He is pretty excited about his new job.

Comments

  1. way to go YOU! Awesome!! SO EXCITED for you to finish. you work so hard; you're just amazing. good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!