100 Watt Lightbulb

I live in a hole. It is a basement apartment and the windows are at ground level. Even in the day time, it seems to always be dark in the apartment. I don't like this at all.  Our main light has been acting funny lately, so Austin installed a new bulb. I wish I had before and after pictures. The light is so bright! I can actually see the details of the corners of our little apartment. It brings me joy. It's kind of like the light that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings into my life. I was so lucky to grow up with a knowledge of the gospel, but at different points throughout my life I have seen what I am to do with greater clarity and purpose because of this light. I know that the source of all light is Jesus Christ. In Sunday School today, we discussed Matthew 5: 14-16: "Ye are the light of the world...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." This light was given to us through Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I need to let my light shine brighter so that others can come to know the joy that I have. 

Comments

  1. Beautifully expressed! Light makes such a difference! And the Gospel of Jesus Christ really shows that. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Mommy's International Flight essentials

LDS Quiet Book Extravaganza

4 Month-Old Big Boy!